C7000 Spec Sheet
|Rated Capacity||Rated Service Flow||Size||Working Pressure Range||Working Temperature Range|
|1000 gallons||0.75 gal/min @ 60 PSI||4.75″ W x 6.75″ D x 10″ H||30 – 100 PSIG||34 – 100ºF|
The fact that it is a countertop model implies that design matters, especially the footprint as it shows how much space it occupies on the counter. Since it measures only 4.75 inches in width by 6.75 inches in depth by 10 inches in height, it won’t take up much counter space, which is great news for those who have small kitchens. It weighs only 3.6 pounds, which makes maneuvering it during the installation process a cinch. The housing is made of durable high impact ABS plastic and stainless steel, and it is accessible in 2 color options – black and white, both variants featuring stainless steel details.
Performance & Features
As mentioned at the beginning of the review, it uses a solid carbon block filtration that contains a fuse of additional filter media to ensure up to 1,000 gallons are purified before replacement is due. This Big Block purifying technology handles removing over 50 common contaminants found mainly in municipality treated water, some of them even lingering in well water, which makes it an optimal filtration solution regardless of your water source.Mention-worthy features and highlights:
- Intelligent Monitor: Filter media replacement can get quite annoying as you can never exactly figure out when the time comes for this task. However, the smart monitor it features eliminates guesswork regarding cartridge replacement and simplifies your work by doing so as it measures real usage and lets you know when it is required, preventing premature cartridge.
- LED indicators: Indicate specific actions and occurrences. The green LED indicates regular operation, the yellow LED indicates that less than 10% of the filter’s capacity remains, which means that you should get prepared to change it soon, while the red LED shows that the maximum capacity has been achieved and the cartridge needs to be replaced.
- 2-way diverter valve: It allows you to immediately pick between regular tap water and freshly filtered water, helping save filter lifespan as you won’t wastefully consume its capacity.
The fact that there is a single filter that you must replace only once every 12 months or so, depending on water consumption rates in your household, maintenance costs are reduced to a minimum with this system. The major impurities it removes from your potable water comprise:
- Chlorine by-products – like trihalomethanes;
- Cysts – like giardia and cryptosporidium;
- Petroleum contaminants – like MTBEs and benzene;
- Synthetic contaminants – like herbicides and pesticides;
- Industrial contaminants – like VOCs.
Warranty & Support
WaterChef is renowned not only for the quality filtration systems it provides but for the backing and customer service as well. In this specific case, the company provides a lifetime guarantee on parts and labor, which means that as long as you install it properly and use it according to instructions, any issue that appears will be handled free of charge.
There is the bonus of the 60-day money-back pledge that implies that, if you are displeased with it for any reason, you can return it and receive a full refund on your purchase, no questions asked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Needless to say, it delivers on the promise of clearing the water you consume of impurities seeing how it uses the Big Block filtration technology to tackle over 50 of the common contaminants encountered in potable water worldwide. The price tag is not bad either, making it a viable option even if your budget is limited. Moreover, upkeep costs are reduced as well, the filter cartridge necessitating replacement manually. Easy to use, install, and maintain, and delivering the expected results water purification-wise, it is a must-have for any health-conscious person who knows how important it is to drink clean water.