This model has been crafted with a flow rate of up to 1 gallon per minute. By using it, you will drink water free of trihalomethanes, pharmaceuticals, and sulfur, thus boosting your health and immune system. As it comes with a dual cartridge filtration system, this model can get rid of the bad contaminants from the water, efficiently, in three stages:
- Stage 1 – Micro Sediment Membranes – This step removes all bacteria by trapping even small viruses, into the pores of the membrane. Microfiltration is a vital component of this stage because it completely removes particles as small as 0.001-0.1 µm from the water. Even more, it has to be so efficient to ensure that the entire process will run smoothly.
- Stage 2 – KR-101N, KR-101A or CR-1 – This type of filtration utilizes patented granules by using an oxidation/reduction reaction. This will reduce or remove chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide, lead, mercury, calcium carbonate, and many other harmful toxins. It will also extend the system’s lifespan and will reduce heavy metal contamination.
- Stage 3 – Acid Washed Coconut Shell Carbon – This stage will remove various organic and inorganic contaminants, like algae, mold, scale, bad taste, smells, just to name a few. Thanks to the acid from the washed coconut carbon shell, that are NSF certification, microbes cannot develop within the bacteriostatic filter.
This model comes with one set of filter cartridges included, but you can find various options to replace them from the company’s portfolio, which are available for all pocket sizes. The company also encourages utilizing a second cartridge to target specific contaminants such as nitrates, arsenic, and radioactive particles found in tap water.
|Filter Capacity||Capacity||Number Of Filtration Stages||Filters|
|1 gallon/minute||10.000 gallons||3||600 types of contaminants|
Maintenance and Installation
For the installation process, you will need an adjustable wrench, and screws if want to mount your unit. Once you determine where you want to mount it, your unit needs to connect directly to the cold water line. You can do so by bending the existing tube and connect it to the outlet of the unit. It has been highlighted that you need to change the spectrum cartridges every 10,000 gallons or every year, depending on how much water it’s consumed. As mentioned, every tool you need is included inside of the package at no extra price. Thus, you don’t have to call a professional to set it up. Inside of the package you will find:
- 1 set of filter cartridges
- Fluoride filter
- Stainless steel hoses
- One wide spectrum filter
Due to the fact that everything you need to install it is included in the package, you do not need to buy additional parts, or need extra tools. Nonetheless, if you have a special type of sink or system, you can get in contact with the customer service to provide you with the tools that you need. Don’t worry about paying for postage as the company will cover any additional costs.
Versatile and Practical
As this model covers a wide spectrum of bacteria, it uses special types of cartridges which, depending on your preference and needs, you can mix and match to your heart’s content.
- Wide Spectrum Cartridge – For this one, you can choose between KR-101N Wide Spectrum, Kr-101A Upgraded Wide Spectrum, and CR-1 Chloramine Wide Spectrum
- Specialty Cartridge – Options available: BC-1 Fluoride (calcium-based carbon), FR-1 Flouride (activated alumina), AR-1 Arsenic, CR-1 Chloramine Wide Spectrum, NR-1 Nitrates, RN-1 Radiation, TAC Hardness Conditioning, HR-1 Hardness Removal
- Aditional Faucet Filter – It includes a standard Chrome Filter Faucet, but you can opt for Premium Chrome Upgrade, Premium Brushed Nickel Upgrade, or choose for the package to lack this specific part if you already have one so that you save money.
The company gives you the option to customize your water filter to better fit your needs. Thus, you can make the filter function exactly as you need it. This is a feature not many products can boast about. Therefore, depending on your needs, your filter will reduce, or remove, various toxins and pollutants, without altering the water taste or smell.
To sum up, it can filter out harmful toxins and debris found in water, as well as eliminate up to 600 types of contaminants. It features 3 filtration stages which will ensure the purity of your drinking and cooking water, and it has a large capacity of 1 gallon per minute. Additionally, it offers hassle-free installation and maintenance, as it comes with all the necessary tools already included in the package, and with instructions. Thus, you’ll be able to set it up by yourself, without requiring additional help.
Furthermore, you can customize its filters according to your preferences, as it offers a variety of choices to pick from. This model has been tested before by thousands of happy customers all over the world so you can purchase in confidence, as the manufacturer offers a 5-year pro-rated warranty from the moment of your acquisition.